Breakthrough Fitness is the best-kept secret in Sydney’s west. We have created a place where you leave your ego at the door before you step inside our 1200-meter square facility. Our gym boasts state-of-the-art equipment and accomplished coaches walking the floor.
The man who started it all, George Kafrouni, has a genuine passion for helping people. Aside from guiding others on their health and fitness journeys, he has also found ways to lend a hand to those in need. Over the last eight years, George and his team have raised over $75,000 for various charities.
Made by Bosses for Bosses
Our training philosophy is written on the wall–Be the hardest worker in the room. Our gym is for bosses who want to be trained by bosses. These are people who aren’t scared to go hard and won’t go home till they have.
But don’t let the boss mentality fool you. All of our trainers and staff are very friendly and accommodating. Whether you are a regular or a first-timer, you will always feel welcome. No other gym in Sydney treats everyone like family the way we do.
At Breakthrough, our purpose is to inspire people to make change and achieve great things. We provide high quality group personal training and sound nutritional advice at an affordable price. Our clients are the heart and soul of our business and our primary objective is to help them achieve their health and fitness goals. We have a set of values which we live by and define how we do things at Breakthrough:
1) We collaborate- we work together as a team. We actively give and seek feedback from each other and our clients to help ourselves and others grow
2) We are respectful- we earn respect by respecting others. We do what is right by others, and warrant respect from our clients, colleagues and the wider community
3) We make a difference – we expect, and deliver the highest quality outcomes. We stay informed, and ask questions about our clients and their goals
4) We are honest- we always speak up for what is right, especially when it feels difficult.
5) We care- we are genuinely interested in our clients and finding out what is important to them. When you join Breakthrough, you become part of our family.
George started boot camp classes in the local park as a way to make extra cash while studying at university2011
Get fit and make a difference was developed. This initiative has raised over $75,000 for various charities over the years2012
Bootcamp classes grew significantly and bootcamp for kids was introduced2013
Moved into our first gym located in Wentworthville providing a combination of bootcamp, circuit and strength coaching2014
Renovations begin for current facility located at 200 Railway Terrace, Merrylands2015
Relocated to our new gym bringing along a team of accredited coaches offering strength and conditioning, fitness classes, and kids classes.2016
BT CrossFit was born when we became CrossFit affiliated2017
Renovations and further investment in equipment for our gym only section to truly become the greatest gym in Sydney.2018-2019
We survived through COVID-19 shutdown, and supported our members and community by lending equipment and providing grueling at-home workouts. We also won the Local Business Awards for Best Fitness Services in the Cumberland Region.2020
MEET THE TEAM
Director and Head Coach
CrossFit & Fitness Coach
CrossFit & Fitness Coach
Barista & Receptionist
Receptionist & Child Minder